All organizations have conflict — it is inevitable.
• Do you deal with dominant personalities and need some tips and strategies?
• Do you work with or hear from teams that can’t get along?
• Do you have “challenging personalities” at work?
• Could your leaders benefit from some new “people skills?”
• Do you sometimes wish you could shout… “Can’t we all just get along?”
• Do you need strategies to help your quiet employees speak up and be heard?
You probably read these questions and think to yourself…“Yes!”
…the mix of personalities at work presents opportunities and challenges!
Conflict, in and of itself, is not negative. The key is how conflict is handled or actively prevented. How can you help your employees avoid or handle conflict? There are many strategies for this. Choosing a strategy is easier once the source of the conflict is identified.
One of the biggest causes of conflict is the different styles your employees bring to work. There are several assessments that provide information about the many different ways people choose to communicate, interact, and view the world. The most effective tool, in my experience, is the DiSC® published by Wiley Publishing.
Using an online assessment DiSC® from Wiley Publishing, you and your co-workers and team members can learn new skills and methods to thrive at work.
The theory behind the DiSC® is simple. It looks at how individuals look at the world (as favorable or unfavorable) and how each person views him/herself (as powerful or not powerful). The result of this influential assessment provides employees with an in depth understanding of themselves and everyone else they work with.